Medela Nipple formers are ideal to help correct mildly inverted nipples with a view to breastfeeding or help maintain semi-erect nipples in between feeds when the nipples are prone to becoming mildly inverted.
Gentle pressure is exerted on the areola which prepares flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding.
Medela Nipple Formers are a non-invasive method to prepare flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding.The low-profile design guarantees a natural appearance under clothing. The soft, flexible silicone membrane offers a snug and comfortable fit, while the rim exerts gentle pressure.Vented fronts allow for air circulation
- Soft silicone backs for a snug, comfortable fit
- Vented fronts to allow air circulation
- Contoured for less visibility through clothing
- One size fits all mums
- BPA free
- The soft silicone adapts to body contours and ensures discreet, comfortable wear.
- Worn discretely within the bra, Nipple Formers work to prevent nipple inversion between feeds.
- Over time, can be worn concealed within the bra to correct mildly inverted nipples.
- A non-invasive method to prepare flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding.
- Soft silicone backs for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Vented fronts allow air circulation
Flat or inverted nipples:
You can determine whether or not you have flat or inverted nipples: Gently compress your areola about three centimetres behind your nipple. A normal nipple will evert or protrude, an inverted nipple will invert or retract.
If your nipples are flat or inverted, you may use nipple formers – not to be confused with nipple shields – to try to draw out the nipple. Nipple formers are worn inside the bra, which may need to be one size bigger than usual so that the nipple formers can be worn comfortably. Nipple formers can be used during pregnancy or after birth between the baby’s feeds. Seek the advice of your midwife or lactation specialist if you suspect that you have flat or inverted nipples.