Medela Harmony single manual breast pump is designed for mums who mostly breastfeed and is great for travel or as a backup to your electric pump.
The Medela Harmony Manual breast pump is ideal for mothers who only express milk occasionally and do not want to miss the usual feel of breastfeeding their baby.
Recommended for occasional infrequent use. Such as an evening away from your baby or missed feeding (such as once or twice a week).
Features the unique Medela 2-Phase Expression pumping that mimics baby’s nursing rhythm. It pumps in two distinct modes: Stimulation & Expression which help to make expressing your milk a quick process.
With the specially designed handle, you start off doing short fast expressions which stimulates the milk let down, just like how a baby sucks. Then when you feel milk letdown and it starts to spray in the bottle, you turn the handle around and the pump goes into a longer slower motion.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT PUMPING: Harmony is a manual pump that has been designed for the occasional time when you’re away from your baby. Features a soft-touch, ergonomic swivel handle for enhanced comfort
- INCLUDES: (2) 5 oz/150 ml breastmilk bottles with lid, bottle stand, (1) valve and (2) membranes, instructions for use, and a breastfeeding information guide
- Founded in 1961, Medela has long been recognized as an expert advocate of breastfeeding through its development of innovative, research-based breastpump technology. As a result, is the #1 breast pump brand in America and the most recommended by doctors, chosen first by moms, and used most in hospitals
- Designed for faster “let-down” and milk flow
- Ergonomic swivel handle for easy pumping
This boxed set comes with 1 manual breastpump and stand, 1 bottle, 1 bottle cap
Discreet, comfortable and gentle
For mums who intend to breastfeed all the time, small manual breast pumps may seem unnecessary, but it is always good to have something lightweight and compact on hand. Most mums will run into situations where they need to express milk for their own comfort. This pump is especially recommended for mums who travel: for use either as a backup for a double electric pump or on its own if you are not a frequent pumper.
Light and discreet
Medela Harmony is a manual pump so it does not require electricity or batteries for operation and is almost silent. Its smooth operation will pleasantly surprise you when you start pumping. This is a very lightweight pump that does not take up much room in a handbag.
Simple and elegant design
Medela Harmony’s ergonomic design is intuitive and allows for very easy use. It is very simple to take apart and clean. The handle on the Medela Harmony manual breast pump has been designed to twist, so you can always get the best angle to pump the milk without having to move your arms into an uncomfortable position. The lever has a nice, soft rubber cover that makes pumping a little easier on your hands and helps the pump operate quietly.
2-Phase Expression technology
Medela Harmony is one of the few manual pumps in the world featuring 2-Phase Expression technology. The breast pump simulates the natural baby sucking behaviour at the mother’s breast.
The 2-Phase design simply means that to stimulate let down (when your milk begins to flow) you begin pumping with the shorter side of the pump’s handle which creates a faster sucking cycle, similar to that of a hungry baby. Once milk starts to flow, you switch to the longer side of the handle which creates a slower sucking cycle to express the majority of your milk.
It is one of the few manual pumps in the world featuring 2-Phase Expression technology. It is small, lightweight and easy to transport.