NUK Baby Thermometer Flash, Infrared Transmitter for Non-contact Measurement in Seconds, Hygienic
Sleep is often the best remedy! That is also the case for babies and toddlers. When, even in the night, parents have to check the body temperature of their charges regularly, they want to do it in a particularly gentle and caring way – and best of all without wakening their little one. With the NUK Baby Thermometer Flash this is not a problem, as measuring a temperature only takes a second without any contact.
Non-contact measurement – within seconds and hygienic
The NUK Baby Thermometer Flash uses an infrared transmitter. It is non-contact as the measuring tip can be held up to 3 cm away from the forehead. On the digital display a temperature reading is shown within one second – parents can then decide if measuring the temperature precisely with a calibrated thermometer for an accurate result is necessary. Particularly practical: there is an acoustic alert to warn when the temperature is running high. Compared with other methods, non-contact measurement is particularly hygienic.
The thermometer is not only suitable for determining body temperature, it can also be used to measure the temperature of other surfaces such as baby food or bath water both quickly and hygienically. The LCD display also lets you know the room temperature.
With memory function and silent mode
Tracing the temperature’s progress over a longer time period is no problem with the memory function that lets you save up to 25 results. When in silent mode, all the sounds made by the device are turned off.
The thermometer comes with a lithium battery so that it can be used immediately.
The NUK Baby Thermometer Flash – never before has temperature taking been so gentle.
What is a “temperature” or a “fever”?
Both words can be used to describe a state when the body’s temperature is raised.
“Normal” is between around 36.5 to 37 degrees Celsius (c 97.7 to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). The body’s temperature is at its highest in the early evening. The results can differ according to where the temperature is taken (mouth, under the arm, rectally, ear, temple or forehead).
If your child’s condition is causing you concern, please consult a doctor.
- Measures without touching baby’s forehead (hygienic measuring)
- Quick and precise: result within 1 second
- Immediate high temperature alert
- Digital display
- Versatile use: can measure temperature of baby food, bath water and room temperature
Instructions to Use:
- Before using the NUK Baby Thermometer Flash, please read through the operating instructions. They contain important information for you about the product.
- Using this device does not replace a medical examination. Find out about critical temperatures and visit a doctor as soon as these are exceeded. The same goes for any inconclusive results.
- Make sure that the sensor lens and the reflecting mirror are clean and not obstructed before each use. If this is not the case, please clean them.
- The following factors can also have an adverse effect on the results when measuring at the forehead:
- Skin thickness/texture (e.g. scars)
- Perspiration on the skin
- Medication that causes narrowing of the blood vessels
- Inflammation of the skin
- Skin creams