- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Otrivin Plus Decongestant Nasal Spray acts fast for relief of a blocked and running nose associated with the common cold. It is effective in treating nasal congestion and provides quick relief from nasal discomfort due to colds, allergies and sinusitis.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.5mg/ml
Ipratropium bromide 0.6mg/ml
- Do not use if under 18 years of age
- Do not use if you have an allergy to xylometazoline, ipratropium bromide or other sympathomimetics and anticholinergics
- Do not us eif you have chronic inflammation of the nose (rhinitis sicca)
- Do not use if you have recently undergone trans-nasal or mouth surgery
- Do not use if you have narrow angle glaucoma
Precautions (check with pharmacist before use if any of the following apply):
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Overactive thyroid
- If you are taking any other medicines (especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors or tricyclic and tetracyclic antidepressants)
- Prolonged and/or excessive use
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Shake well before use.
Adults 18 years and above spray 1 spray into each nostril up to every 6 hours up to a maximum of 3 times per day.
Do not use for more than three days in a row. If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice. Prolonged or excessive use of may cause stuffiness in the nose to return or worsen.
Common side effects: Dryness or irritation of the nasal mucosa, nausea, headache, local burning sensation.
Rare side effects: Allergic reactions (skin rash, itching), blurred vision, irregular or fast heartbeat.