NUK Nipple Shields 2pk
- Protecting sensitive nipples as you breastfeed
- Wafer-thin silicone for flexible comfort
- Unique triangular shape for optimal skin contact and natural breastfeeding feel
- Textured surface for gentle stimulation
- 3 holes
- Size L = large (24mm diameter opening)
- 2 per pack
- Additional information
NUK Nipple Shields to protect sensitive nipples, size M/L, 2 pcs, incl. protective box
NUK Nipple Shields: a pleasant breastfeeding experience for mother and child
Breastfeeding allows you and your baby to get to know each other particularly well and intensively and to experience a feeling of security and closeness. However, sometimes breastfeeding is difficult due to irritated or inflamed nipples. In such situations, the NUK breast shield can help because it relieves the sensitive nipples during breastfeeding and at the same time allows calm and natural sucking. This way you can continue to give your little darling valuable breast milk and maintain an intensive bond with your child.
NUK breast shield for nursing – the little breastfeeding aid made of extremely thin silicone
The special feature of the NUK Nipple Shields is their optimised shape, which allows more skin contact between you and your baby. 92% of mothers confirm that the baby’s nose has sufficient space when using the NUK Nipple Shield. The baby can feel and smell its mother and the intense bond that develops during breastfeeding is not disturbed. The NUK breastfeeding shield’s different surface structures and the four drinking openings are modelled on the mother’s breast and thus enable a natural and calm drinking sensation. NUK Nipple Shields, made of gossamer-thin silicone, relieve the sensitive nipples during breastfeeding and also help babies with weak suction to grip their mother’s breasts better.
For flat or inverted nipples, the NUK Nipple Shield can contribute to pleasant breastfeeding and a natural flow of water. Please also consult your midwife or breastfeeding advisor for good advice.
The round radius allows the Nipple Shield to be used in any breastfeeding position and provides a secure hold. With the practical protective box, you can also store the NUK breast shield hygienically.
How to put on the NUK breastfeeding shield correctly:
To find the right size for you, you should ask yourself a few questions in advance: Does the breast attachment feel comfortable to wear? Does the nipple fill the hollow space of the shield? Do the baby’s lips completely surround the attachment? If you can answer these questions with “yes”, you have found the right size for your Nipple Shield and can start using it. You should follow these steps so that your little darling can enjoy their drink:
- Before using the Nipple Shield, you should wash your hands thoroughly and clean the breast with a damp cloth.
- The grip of the NUK Nipple Shields can be increased by slightly moistening them with water or breast milk.
- For an optimal position on the nipple, pull the contact surfaces of the cone towards the tip to be able to place it easily in the middle; then you can put the contact surfaces back and align them according to the desired breastfeeding position.
- After each application, you should clean the breast with water to remove milk residues and thus avoid germs.
How to clean the nursing shield
Handling your baby requires a high level of hygiene at all times. After using the Nipple Shield for breastfeeding, it is best to clean it immediately with warm water and a gentle rinse aid. Afterwards, it can dry in a hygienic environment. The supplied protective box is recommended for subsequent storage. You should disinfect or boil the breast shield daily. This can be done in the NUK steam sterilizer conveniently and easily within a few minutes. Cover the shield completely with water to avoid damage and boil it quickly. If looked after hygienically, the breast attachment can be used several times.