Blackmores Pregnancy and breastfeeding Gold 120 caps
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold is specially developed to provide 17 essential nutrients, including iodine, that may be beneficial for a mother and her developing baby
- Provides iodine to promote healthy development of baby's brain, eyesight & hearing.
- Provides a daily dose of 500 µg of folic acid that may reduce the risk of brain and/or spinal cord birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly if taken daily for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy.
- Provides vitamin D3 to support calcium absorption to assist with healthy development of baby's bones.
- Provides omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote healthy development of baby's brain & eyesight.
- Provides overall nutritional support with 17 nutrients including 10 vitamins, 6 minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Each capsule contains :
Fish oil - natural (tuna oil) 500 mg containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 160mg as: DHA 125mg, EPA 25mg
Vitamin B1 500 mcg
Vitamin B2 750 mcg
Nicotinamide 7.5 mg
Vitamin B6 750 mcg
Vitamin B12 1.5 mcg
Folic acid 200 mcg
Vitamin E (3.5 mg) 5.2 IU
Vitamin C 30 mg
Mixed carotenoids 2.88mg
Dosage (adults):Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, you should seek specific medical advice.
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold, Blackmores I-Folic®, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- Not for the treatment of iron deficiency.
Medicine interactions :If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, biphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs), thyroid hormone, methyldopa, carbidopa or levodopa or penicillamine separate doses by at least 2 hours. Calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron may decrease absorption and efficacy of these medications. Adverse Effects None noted in the literature at the recommended dosage , one tablet per day with a meal.