Blackmores Lutein-Vision® is based on scientific eye research and contains lutein and zeaxanthin (found in the macular area of the eye).
- Supports the health of the macular region of the eye.
- Supports healthy macular pigment in the eye.
- Convenient one-a-day dosage.
- A percentage of the sales from Lutein-Vision® supports Macular Degeneration New Zealand.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoids naturally found in the human eye. The highest concentration is found in the macular area of the retina, which is the area responsible for detailed vision. They are also present in the lens.
In the macula, lutein and zeaxanthin naturally form a layer of yellow pigments called the macular pigments, which serve as an effective natural filter of the most damaging light (near-to-UV blue light) that reaches the retina.
Higher macular pigment density is associated with healthier eyes and visual sensitivity.
Lutein and zeaxanthin also function as antioxidants and provide support against oxidative damage to the retina and lens.
Lutein-Vision® also contains selenium as selenomethionine, an easily absorbed form of selenium. Selenium has an important antioxidant function in the eye as part of an antioxidant enzyme called glutathione peroxidase (GSH). GSH is concentrated in the lens where it has an important role in supporting the clarity of the lens and supporting healthy eye function.
Each capsule contains:
Tagetes erecta (Marigold) extract equiv to dry flower 600mg
(standardised to contain lutein esters calculated as lutein 6 mg)
Selenomethionine 64.5 µg (Selenium 26 µg)
Dosage (adults): Take 1 capsule a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 µg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.